Managing a Consumer
Lending Business by David Lawrence and Arlene Solomon is a good primer
I recommend for the readers of http://S4SAS.com
and analysts working in the areas of consumer lending in
This book covers the fundamental
principles of lending along with the practices at various product life
cycles. While conducting SAS training, I observed that lot analysts do
not know why managers look for some information and why they insist on
certain format the information to be presented. After reading this
book, the reader will have a background to understand the business
requirements better and will be familiar with necessary lending related
I found the following topics covered in
the book useful for an analyst.
1. Overview to the consumer lending
process and products.
2. Acquisition and direct mailing – segmentation, prescreen processes
3. The use of credit scoring, score monitoring and reporting process.
4. Portfolio Management and utilization of behavioral scores, strategy
5. Collection strategies and tactics
6. Private label credit cards and retail sales (dealer) financing.
8. Importance of Management Information systems.
To read more reviews and buy please check
out Amazone Bookstore pages for this book.